I’m currently ‘en route’, so a little hampered in my blogging. However ‘look what I prepared earlier’ *hehe I’m sort-o’-kidding, but I took the pictures after baking this delicous lunch a little while ago and thought I’d share this as a quick addition to my blog, since I’ll be some time until I get back to a little more time for it! It is one of my favourites, which I used to buy as a frozen ready-to-bake thing, but
Crunchy Shroom Baguette
Shrooms (mushrooms)- such a wonderful foodstuffs! Juicy, crunchy and cheesy. A delicious plate for a TV session, share with friends (make more in that case – much much more!) or in front of a fireplace (if you have access) on a cold winter evening. I could always snack on one 😉
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking time: 45 min
- Baking Paper
- Garlic press
- Chopping boards and knives
- Oven or Grill
- 1 short baguette (30 cm length)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 500 g brown button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
- 200 mL cream
- 200 mL milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 40 g cheese mix, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C, when using the grill switch that on later.
- Cut the baguette into 15 cm long pieces and half them.
- Chop the mushrooms into slices and fry in the oil at a high temperature until lightly browning.
- Reserve the mushrooms in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic and fry it in the butter in the pan until glaze.
- Mix milk, cream and flour and add them to the pan. Cook the sauce in the pan, frequently stirring to avoid lumping.
- Cook the sauce until thoroughly thickened and mix in the mushrooms, then set the pan aside.
- Add the chicken stock powder to taste.
- If using the oven, place the baguette pieces in the oven until lightly crisp on the inside. Otherwise place them under the grill for 1-2 min.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes, removing the stalk if you wish.
- Mix the tomatoes with the mushrooms sauce then distribute it evenly on the baguette-halves.
- Place the baguette halves onto the baking paper, then sprinkle the cheese over them.
- Bake in the oven or grill until the cheese is golden-brown.